Joseph B. Towne
Joseph Towne is a Senior Attorney with Garganese, Weiss, D'Agresta & Salzman, P.A., primarily handles litigation involving real estate, employment, creditor’s rights, personal injury, and commercial disputes.
Joe is board certified by The Florida Bar as an expert in real estate law. Accordingly, Joe has been cited as counsel of record in over thirty (30) published opinions involving real estate issues.
Additionally, in 2018, Joe was selected by The Florida Bar to serve as a member on The Florida Bar’s Standing Committee on Advertising. The Florida Bar has renewed Joe’s membership on the Standing Committee on Advertising through the 2019-2020 term.
Joe is a Florida native and a proud graduate of the University of Florida where he majored in economics, minored in business administration, and was tapped to join Omicron Delta Epsilon, an international economics honor society. Following his undergraduate studies, Mr. Towne attended Stetson Law School where he received his Juris Doctorate in 2010.
When he is not in the office, Joe enjoys spending time with his wife, who is also an attorney, and his two daughters.
- Appellate Law
- Banking & Finance Litigation
- Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Law
- Business and Contract Disputes
- Commercial and Residential Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Construction and Lien Law
- Corporate Litigation
- Employment Law
- First Party Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury Defense
- Professional Liability Defense
- Premises and Products Liability Disputes
- Real Estate Practice Group
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- The Florida bar
- Board Certified, Real Estate Law, 2017-present
- Standing Committee on Advertising, Member, 2018-present
- Orange County Bar Association
- Florida Super Lawyer – Rising Star - 2020
- “Time Barred Mortgages in Bankruptcy,” Orange County Bar Association Bankruptcy Committee Meeting, Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association, 2016
- “Attorney’s Fees in Foreclosure,” Real Property Probate Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar’s Winter Meeting, 2018
Florida’s First District Court of Appeal
- Jenkins v. FV-I, Inc., 194 So. 3d 1024 (Fla. 1st DCA 2016).
Florida’s Second District Court of Appeal
- Bacharach v. Christiana Trust, 200 So. 3d 1271 (Fla. 2d DCA 2015).
- Ebron v. Wilmington Sav. Fund Socy., 256 So. 3d 856 (Fla. 2d DCA 2018).
Florida’s Third District Court of Appeal
- Aldama v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., 194 So. 3d 543 (Fla. 3d DCA 2016).
- Ruth v. Bank of Am., 231 So. 3d 1253 (Fla. 2d DCA 2017).
- Benzrent 1, LLC v. Wilmington Sav. Fund Socy., __ So. 3d __, 2019 Fla. App. LEXIS 2029 (Fla. 3d DCA Feb. 13, 2019).
Florida’s Fourth District Court of Appeal
- Heiden v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., 161 So. 3d 498 (Fla. 5th DCA 2014), review denied, SC14-1802 (Sept. 15, 2014).
- Cameron v. JPMorgan Chase Bank Nat'l Ass'n, 166 So. 3d 797 (Fla. 4th DCA 2015).
- Fisher v. FV-1 Inc., 172 So. 3d 882 (Fla. 4th DCA 2015).
- Boca Stel 2, LLC v. Christiana Trust, 186 So. 3d 1117 (Fla. 4th DCA 2016).
- Florez v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., 203 So. 3d 170 (Fla. 4th DCA 2016).
- Hlywiak v. Christiana Trust, 184 So. 3d 535 (Fla. 5th DCA 2016).
- Paul v. Bank United, FSB, 212 So. 3d 373 (Fla. 4th DCA 2016).
- Septimus v. Christiana Trust, 183 So. 3d 471 (Fla. 4th DCA 2016).
- Supria v. Christiana Trust, 186 So. 3d 1141 (Fla. 4th DCA 2016).
- Frost v. Christiana Trust, 193 So. 3d 1092 (Fla. 4th DCA 2016).
- Fogarty v. Christiana Trust, 231 So. 3d 479 (Fla. 4th DCA 2017).
- Supria v. Goshen Mortg., LLC, 232 So. 3d 422 (Fla. 4th DCA 2017).
- Christiana Trust v. Rushlow, 231 So. 3d 558 (Fla. 4th DCA 2017).
- Kebreau v. Bayview Loan Servicing, LLC, 225 So. 3d 255 (Fla. 4th DCA 2017), review denied, 2018 Fla. LEXIS 562 (Mar. 2, 2018).
- Supria v. Goshen Mortg., LLC, 257 So. 3d 503 (Fla. 4th DCA 2018).
- Venezia v. JP Morgan Mortg. Acq. Corp., __ So. 3d __, 2019 Fla. App. LEXIS 1604 (4th DCA Feb. 6, 2019) (Motion for Rehearing, Clarification, or Alternatively Rehearing En Banc pending).
Florida’s Fifth District Court of Appeal
- Altier v. Christiana Trust, 162 So. 3d 1029 (Fla. 5th DCA 2014).
- Buchwald v. Bankunited, 172 So. 3d 884 (Fla. 5th DCA 2015).
- Bar-Navon v. Christiana Trust, 170 So. 3d 950 (Fla. 5th DCA 2015).
- Glen Garron, LLC v. Buchwald, 210 So. 3d 229 (Fla. 5th DCA 2017).
- Patel v. Wilmington Sav. Bank, FSB, 249 So. 3d 778 (Fla. 5th DCA 2018), appeal filed SC18-1473 (August 28, 2018).
Supreme Court of the State of Florida
- Deshpande v. Wilmington Sav. Fund Soc'y., 2018 Fla. LEXIS 2273 (Nov. 21, 2018).
- Patel v. Wilmington Savings Bank, FSB, 2019 WL 1567659 (Fla. April 11, 2019).
Middle District of Florida
- Deutsche Bank Nat'l Tr. Co. v. Brantley, 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 9113 (M.D. Fla. Jan. 18, 2019).
Southern District of Florida
- BankUnited v. Blum, 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 8496 (S.D. Fla. Jan. 26, 2015).
January, 2020 – Joseph Towne presented a seminar at the Civil Law Section Meeting in Sarasota Florida – “An Update on Attorneys’ Fees in Florida”