Gary S. Salzman, B.C.S.
Gary S. Salzman is a shareholder with Garganese, Weiss, D’Agresta & Salzman P.A. Gary primarily handles litigation, mediation and arbitration for business, real estate and employment disputes.
Gary is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in business litigation and has previously served six years on The Florida Bar's Business Litigation Certification Committee. He has served on the 9th Judicial Circuit's Business Court Formation Committee. Gary is active in the George C. Young American Inn of Court, holds a "Master" designation, serves on its board of directors and is the former president from 2011 to 2013. He also served on The Florida Bar's Board of Legal Specialization and Education for six years and currently serves on the Orange County Bar Association's Executive Council as an elected member.
In addition, Gary is a certified circuit civil and appellate mediator as well as a trained and qualified arbitrator. He is a member of the American Arbitration Association's employment, commercial, and financial arbitration and mediation panels. Gary provides alternative resolution services for business, employment and real estate disputes as a mediator, an arbitrator and a voluntary trial resolution judge.
Gary was born in Port Chester, New York. Gary received his bachelor's in business administration in 1985 and his juris doctor in 1988 from the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Banking & Finance
- Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights Law
- Employment & Labor
- Entertainment & Sports
- Professional Liability Defense
- Real Estate
- Florida, 1988
- Colorado, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1992
- The Florida Bar
- Board Certified, Business Litigation, 1997-present
- Board of Legal Specialization and Education, former Member, 2010-2016
- Business Law Section
- Business Litigation Certification Committee, former Member and Chair
- Relations with the Institute of CPA's Committee, former Member
- Orange County Bar Association
- Executive Council, 2009-present
- Judicial Relations Committee, former Member
- Business Law Committee, Member
- 9th Judicial Circuit for Orange County, Florida, Business Court Formation Committee, Former Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Supreme Court of Florida, Trained and Qualified Arbitrator, since 1992
- Supreme Court of Florida, Certified Circuit Civil Mediator, since 1998
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, Civil Mediator Panelist
- 5th District Court of Appeal, State of Florida, Appellate Mediator, since 2011
- The Colorado Bar, Member, 1991
- American Arbitration Association
- Commercial & Financial Arbitration Panelist
- Employment Arbitration Panelist
- Mediation Panelist
- Mortgage Bankers Association of Central Florida, former Member
- The George C. Young American Inn of Court; Master; Board Member; former President, 2011-2013
- American Inns of Court
- 11th Circuit Advisory Committee, Member
- Manufacturers Association of Central Florida, former Ex-Officio Director
- Business Executives Network, Founder and Director
- AV Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Top Rated Lawyer in Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2013
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2017
- Best of the Bar, Orlando Business Journal, 2004-2016
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite, 2005-2017
- Hall of Fame 2012-2017
- Top 100 Florida, Super Lawyers, 2014-2016
- James Glazebrook Professionalism and Service Award, George C. Young American Inn of Court, 2015
- Best of the Bar, Top Honors, Orlando Business Journal, 2005
- "Alternative Dispute Resolution in Florida," Orange County Bar Association's Leadership Law Program, January 2015 (Updated August 2017) Click here to view the document.
- Co-facilitator, "Legal Special Industry Group Session," International Council of Shopping Centers Conference, August 25, 2014
- "Commercial Landlord-Tenant Law in Florida," August 2014 (Updated August 2017) Click here to view the document.
- "Remedies for Real Property Disputes in Florida," May 2014 (Updated August 2017) Click here to view the document.
- "Florida's Revised Arbitration Code," The Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education and Labor and Employment Law Section's seminar Navigating the World of ADR, Hollywood, Florida, March 13-14, 2014 (Updated August 2017) Click here to view the document.
- "Extraordinary Remedies in Real Estate Litigation," International Council of Shopping Centers, ICSC Law Conference, November 3-6, 2010
- "Alternative Dispute Resolution in the United States: From Drafting the ADR Clause to the Arbitration Award," Center for International Legal Studies, February 2007
- "Commercial Landlord-Tenant Law in Florida," Lorman Education Services, September 2000, September 2001 and October 2004
- "Business Litigation in Florida," Lorman Education Services, July 2004
- "Shareholder Restriction Agreements and Disputes," Business Executives Network, June 2004
- "Remedies for Real Property Disputes in Florida," Sterling Education Services, March 2004
- "Business Litigation in Florida: From Pre-filing Concerns Through Closing Arguments and Trial," Sterling Education Services, January 2002
- "Purchasing in the 21st Century - The Law of Buying and Administration of Contracts for Purchase in Florida," Lorman Education Services, May 2001
- Avalon Assoc. of Delaware Ltd. v. Avalon Park Assoc., Inc., 760 So.2d 1132 (Fla. 5th DCA 2000)
- Wavestone Props., LLC v. Fortune Dev. Sales Corp., 978 So.2d 830 (Fla. 3d DCA 2008)
- "Salzman: Mediation Can Save Your Business Money," Orlando Business Journal, June 17, 2011
- "Peers Toast Gary Salzman as Tops in Legal Field," Orlando Business Journal, November 18, 2005
- "Alternative Dispute Resolution Clauses for Leases and Real Estate Contracts," ICSC Retail Law Strategist, Volume 15, Issue 3, Fall 2015