Stephen B. Sambol
Stephen B. Sambol is a Partner with Garganese, Weiss, D’Agresta & Salzman, PA. and primarily handles complex litigation, mediation and arbitration for businesses and professionals. Stephen is the recipient of the highest rating, Preeminent (AV), given by Martindale-Hubbell for legal ability and ethics and has been recognized in several publications as a top lawyer.
Stephen received his B.A. Degree from Washington & Jefferson College where he graduated with honors and then went on to obtain his J.D. from University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1986, after which he became an Assistant State Attorney for the 13th Judicial Circuit in Tampa, Florida. After several years in Tampa, he decided to move to Orlando and go into private civil practice where he has been a shareholder/partner at several mid-large firms
Stephen is an experienced commercial litigator and trial attorney with extensive jury, non-jury trial and arbitration experience, having tried over 100 cases to conclusion. His skills are both broad and deep, and range from representing various businesses and individuals in business disputes involving Shareholder/Partnership and Operating Agreements, Employment Agreements (including non-compete/non-solicitation/non-disclosure-trade-secret and other contract and employment law issues). Mr. Sambol, also represents health care providers in medical malpractice cases, professional regulatory and disciplinary investigations and hearings, peer review investigations and proceedings and insurance coverage disputes. Mr. Sambol is a Certified Circuit-Civil Mediator and Florida Supreme Court Trained Arbitrator.
Mr. Sambol is admitted to practice in all Florida state and federal courts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida. He is a member of the Business Section of the Florida Bar, Business Law Section of the Orange County Bar, Professional Liability Defense Federation (PLDF) – past medical malpractice and cyber-liability chair/vice-chair. Defense Research Institute (DRI), Health Law Section of the Florida Bar, Central Florida Medical Malpractice Claims Council (CFMMCC), and is an Honorary Fellow in the Litigation Council of America (LCA).
- Complex Commercial and Business Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Liability
- Health Care Administrative Regulatory, and Disciplinary
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- IT/Cyber-liability litigation
- Equine Law
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Professional Employment Litigation
- “Cyber Liability: IT/Computer Professionals – “Professional” Enough to Sue for Malpractice?”
- “IT/Computer Malpractice: Not All “Professionals” Are Created Equal”
- “Dangers to Avoid in Your Communications – Five Ways to avoid Communications-Based Lawsuits”
- “Florida Constitutional Amendments – Implications for Amendments 3, 7 and 8 for Physicians”
- “Stop, Caution Go: A Quick Guide on Physician Remuneration, Anti-kickback and Self-referral Laws”
- “Whoa There! New Laws on Dual Agency in Equine Sales”
- Barrister, Honorary Trial Order of Centurions – Litigation Counsel of America (LCA)