Suzanne D'Agresta – “Retired Shareholder” Suzanne retired as a shareholder in November 2021 after more than 26 years of faithful service to clients and our firm. She is certified by The Florida Bar as a specialist in City, County and Local Government Law, and has significant experience in transactional and litigation matters involving School Boards. She concentrated her practice in the area of local government law. She is the recipient of the highest rating (AV-Preeminent) given by Martindale-Hubbell for legal ability and ethics and has been recognized as a Florida Super Lawyer by Law and Politics. She was a member of the Florida School Board Attorney's Association, and served as its President in 2006. She was appointed to the City, County and Local Government Certification Committee for the maximum 6 year term and the Ninth Circuit Grievance Committee "D" for the maximum 3 year term. She was also a member of the National School Board Association/Council of School Attorneys, and The Florida Bar Education Law Committee.
Suzanne will be missed, we wish Suzanne and her family a very long, happy, and healthy retirement. She is now enjoying a well-deserved retirement.
- Education and School Law
Certified by The Florida Bar in City, County and Local Government Law. Certified lawyers in city, county and local government law deal with legal issues of county, municipal or other local governments such as special districts, agencies and authorities. City, county and local government law also includes litigation in the federal and state courts and before administrative agencies, and the preparation of legal instruments for city, county and local governments.
- Awarded the 2017 C. Graham Carothers Award of Excellence by the Florida School Board Attorneys Association
- Chair of the Ninth Circuit Grievance Committee "D" – served 3 year term
- Appointed to the Florida Bar Grievance Committee – served 6 year term
- Florida Super Lawyer 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- "AV-Preeminent" Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
February, 2020 – Suzanne D’Agresta is invited to speak at the Institute of Florida School Finance/Recurring Legal Issues in Public Procurement and Contract Management.
January, 2020 – Suzanne D’Agresta spoke at the Florida Association of Charter School Authorizers meeting on the topics of Florida Public Records Act and Florida Sunshine Law. [pdf]
On May 26, 2017, Suzanne D’Agresta spoke at the 50th Annual Conference for the Florida Association of Public Procurement Officials (FAPPO), “Bid Tampering, Fraud and Collusion in Public Procurement – Oh, My!”
On February 15, 2017, Suzanne D’Agresta will be speaking at the Florida Association of District School Superintendents. She will be presenting on “Protecting Students While Maintaining an Effective Learning Environment”.
On February 3, 2017, Ms. D’Agresta spoke at the Gulf Coast Association of Governmental Purchasing Officers (GCAGPO), Spring Procurement Workshop. She presented on “Recent Judicial Decisions of Interest in Public Procurement”.
Suzanne D’Agresta was invited to speak at the FASBO 2016 Annual Conference in October 2016. She presented Recent Changes of Interest in Public Procurement: The 2016 Legislative Session and More.
In July 2016, Suzanne D’Agresta was invited to speak at the Summer Symposium – Central Florida Chapter of NICG on the Recent Changes of Interest in Public Procurement.
- Meredith v. Sch. Bd. of Osceola County, Florida, 260 Fed. Appx. 214 (11th Cir. 2007)
- Raveson v. Walt Disney World Co., 793 So. 2d 1171 (Fla. 5th DCA 2001)
- Sch. Bd. of Osceola County v. Acads. of Excellence, Inc., 914 So. 2d 981 (Fla. 5th DCA 2005)
- Sch. Bd. of Osceola County v. State Bd. of Educ., 998 So. 2d 647 (Fla. 1st DCA 2008)
- Sch. Bd. of Osceola County v. UCP of Cent. Florida, 905 So. 2d 909 (Fla. 5th DCA 2005)
- Sch. Bd. of Osceola County v. Universal Educ. Services, Inc., 990 So. 2d 1210 (Fla. 5th DCA 2008)