Suzanne D'Agresta is a shareholder with Garganese, Weiss, D’Agresta & Salzman, P.A. She is certified by The Florida Bar as a specialist in City, County and Local Government Law, and has significant experience in transactional and litigation matters involving School Boards. She concentrates her practice in the area of local government law. She is the recipient of the highest rating (AV-Preeminent) given by Martindale-Hubbell for legal ability and ethics. Ms. D'Agresta is recognized as a Florida Super Lawyer by Law and Politics. She is a memeber of the Florida School Board Attorney's Association, and served as its President in 2006. She was appointed to the City, County and Local Government Certification Committee for the maximum 6 year term and the Ninth Circuit Grievance Committee "D" for the maximum 3 year term. She is also a member of the National School Board Association/Council of School Attorneys, and The Florida Bar Education Law Committee.
Ms. D'Agresta currently serves as the school board attorney for the School Board of Indian River County, and has performed significant legal work for the School Board of Osceola County, and other school boards and cities in Florida.
Ms. D'Agresta is admitted to practice in Florida and federal courts. She is admitted to The Florida Bar, and the Bars of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. She earned her law degree from the University of Florida in 1994, and received her Bachelor's degree from the University of Central Florida.
- Education and School Law
Certified by The Florida Bar in City, County and Local Government Law. Certified lawyers in city, county and local government law deal with legal issues of county, municipal or other local governments such as special districts, agencies and authorities. City, county and local government law also includes litigation in the federal and state courts and before administrative agencies, and the preparation of legal instruments for city, county and local governments.
- Awarded the 2017 C. Graham Carothers Award of Excellence by the Florida School Board Attorneys Association
- Chair of the Ninth Circuit Grievance Committee "D" – served 3 year term
- Appointed to the Florida Bar Grievance Committee – served 6 year term
- Florida Super Lawyer 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- "AV-Preeminent" Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
On May 26, 2017, Suzanne D’Agresta spoke at the 50th Annual Conference for the Florida Association of Public Procurement Officials (FAPPO), “Bid Tampering, Fraud and Collusion in Public Procurement – Oh, My!”
On February 15, 2017, Suzanne D’Agresta will be speaking at the Florida Association of District School Superintendents. She will be presenting on “Protecting Students While Maintaining an Effective Learning Environment”.
On February 3, 2017, Ms. D’Agresta spoke at the Gulf Coast Association of Governmental Purchasing Officers (GCAGPO), Spring Procurement Workshop. She presented on “Recent Judicial Decisions of Interest in Public Procurement”.
Suzanne D’Agresta was invited to speak at the FASBO 2016 Annual Conference in October 2016. She presented Recent Changes of Interest in Public Procurement: The 2016 Legislative Session and More.
In July 2016, Suzanne D’Agresta was invited to speak at the Summer Symposium – Central Florida Chapter of NICG on the Recent Changes of Interest in Public Procurement.
- Meredith v. Sch. Bd. of Osceola County, Florida, 260 Fed. Appx. 214 (11th Cir. 2007)
- Raveson v. Walt Disney World Co., 793 So. 2d 1171 (Fla. 5th DCA 2001)
- Sch. Bd. of Osceola County v. Acads. of Excellence, Inc., 914 So. 2d 981 (Fla. 5th DCA 2005)
- Sch. Bd. of Osceola County v. State Bd. of Educ., 998 So. 2d 647 (Fla. 1st DCA 2008)
- Sch. Bd. of Osceola County v. UCP of Cent. Florida, 905 So. 2d 909 (Fla. 5th DCA 2005)
- Sch. Bd. of Osceola County v. Universal Educ. Services, Inc., 990 So. 2d 1210 (Fla. 5th DCA 2008)